Osaka is such a cool Japanese city but I think it’s a little underrated and when travelers visit Japan for the first time they might skip it but let me tell you that Osaka is a must if you are in Japan, specially if you are a foodie!
If you know me or if you have been following my Instagram travel_with_jennats you should know by now how much I loveee Japan and I can’t believe I didn’t go to Osaka the first time I was there, it’s such a vibrant city with such an amazing energy!
So in this post I want to share with you some of the things you can’t miss in Osaka:
- Wander around Dōtonbori by day and by night: Dōtonbori is one of the main tourist attractions in Osaka. Here is where you can find the famous running man sign that you have probably seen in countless pictures. Dōtonbori is the central hub of bars and restaurants in Osaka, you are gonna want to try all the food on your way, it’s just the perfect place if you are a foodie!
- Try the gyoza hot dog: This definitely has to be on the list of things to do in Osaka, specially if you love gyozas (like me). I never heard of it until I was in Osaka, I was walking around Dōtonbori looking for food and I saw this giant gyoza outside of a store and I knew I had to try it… OMG sooo good, I still can’t get over it. Believe me, you must try the gyoza hot dog 😛
- Nara Park (奈良公園): Around 40 minutes away by train you can find Nara Park. The park in Japan where there’re dozens of cute deer running around and waiting for people to play with them or to feed them. There’s a person selling the food you should feed them with in the entrance. This is such a nice experience and if you are in Osaka you should take the time to go, Nara is closer to Osaka than Kyoto.
- Go to a karaoke bar: Karaoke is a big thing in Japan, here you can find karaokes everywhere and it is a great place to make new friends and show your talent (not for me, I sing very bad lol). You can go any day of the week and there will always be people up for it.
- Osaka Castle: Osaka Castle or “Osaka-jo” in Japanese is one of the most famous landmarks in Japan. When I got I knew I was gonna like it but it really impressed me, the Castle is so big and beautiful and its surroundings make it even more awesome. It’s absolutely a must see in Osaka and it’s not difficult to get there, the best way is via either Morinomiya or Osakajokoen Station. Address: 〒 540-0002 Osakajo, Chuo-ku, Osaka.
I hope you find this information helpful if you visit Osaka, I really enjoyed my time there. Japan is amazing in every way and I’m sure you are going to love it just as much as I do! What else would you add to the list? Let me know if you do any of the things above. Thanks for reading beautiful travelers!
Happy adventures 😀
Photos by me