The city of love, the city of lights… Paris is definitely a city you have to visit at least once in your life!
We all have heard so much about Paris and everything is true, it’s such a lovely city surrounded with so much beauty. I didn’t have the chance to do everything I wanted the first time I was there but that’s ok because that just gives me a reason to go back again 😉
In this post I want to share with you some of the things you can do if it’s your first time going:
- Take a long walk at The Avenue Des Champs-Elysées: Is one of the most famous and beautiful avenues in the world and with every reason! The architecture, the symmetrical landscaping and everything along the way make it one of the must-do’s for every traveler in Paris!
- Arc de Triomphe: If you are walking Des Champs-Elysées you might as well continue to this remarkable monument of Paris. It’s stunning and it has a unique viewpoint with 50m high panoramic views over the city. If you want to go all the way up the ticket is around 12€.
- Jardin des Tuileries: Or the Tuileries Gardens are a mandatory walk if you haven’t been there before. It’s a dreamy park where you can wander or just sit and enjoy the sculptures and amazing architecture around. If you go from June to August you can also find La Fête Foraine, a temporary summer carnival with attractions like the Ferris wheel, food, games and lots of cotton candy and crêpes 😀
- The Louvre: The Louvre museum is the largest museum in the world and a really must do if you are in Paris. Unfortunately I wasn’t able to get in because I didn’t buy a ticket in advance so when I got there the wait was gonna be really really long. I went during summer and it gets really busy so if you go in that time of the year is always better to get your ticket in advance for any attraction. I’m sad and regret I couldn’t get in but next time I definitely will!
- Montmartre: Beautiful Montmartre! With such an artistic vibe, a colorful and cute neighborhood you have to go and wander around. Full of photogenic corners, artists, cafés and little stores where you can find lots of Parisian souvenirs. It’s very touristy but worth the visit. Get a crêpe and take lots of photos in the way. Here you can also find The Basilique du Sacré Cœur (the big white church) and an incredible view of the city.
- The Eiffel Tower: I think there’s no need to say much on this one! Almost everybody who visits Paris for the first time goes to this iconic tower. If you want to go up I recommend you to buy your ticket in advance and avoid long lines. Another cool thing you can do is a picnic by the tower and enjoy a glass of wine by yourself or with more people.
I just shared with you some of the most touristy things someone can do in Paris haha but I think they must be done at least once if you visit this city, either is because of the history involved, its amazing architecture or simply because of its beauty you can’t regret it! Have you been to Paris before? What’s your favorite thing there? I would love to read your comments!
Au revoir and happy adventures 🙂
Photos by me