This year I went to Ultra Music Festival (UMF) in Miami for the first time and I had a great time!
In case you don’t know, the UMF is a three-day electronic music festival that takes place every year on March in Downtown Miami. There are other Ultra’s around the world but this one was the first one before it expanded to other countries.
That same week is also the Miami Music Week which receives a lot of good DJ’s in different clubs and parties during the day and night, so if you are planning to go to the festival on the weekend I’d say to check out the schedules for the other events in that week because they might interest you. My friends and I chose to go to Basement on Thursday night to see Richie Hawtin, Loco Dice and The Martinez Brothers… It was a night full of surprises but still a good one!
On Friday was the first day of the festival. Since the moment you start walking to the entrance you can feel all the happiness and good energy from everyone who is there to enjoy the good music, the good people and everything the Ultra has to offer.
There are seven stages with great line ups for every taste, you just have to choose which ones you want to see and then make your schedule because sometimes the ones you don’t want to miss play in different stages at the same time so you are gonna have to make some decisions 😉
From Carl Cox, Marco Carola, Nicole Moudaber to Robin Schulz, Fedde Le Grand, DeadMau5 between many others, you can find the style you enjoy the most! My friends and I spent a lot of time in Carl Cox & friends stage (believe me is one of the best ones) and if you love Carl Cox and his dance moves as much as I do, good news are he plays two nights in a row, on Friday and Saturday! Oh yes Oh yes 😀
If you want to dance for hours, make some good memories and share the love for techno and electronic music with more than 150.000 people then you should go to Ultra Music Festival soon!
- Most important thing, stay hydrated. With the heat of Miami and out in the sun all day is very easy to dehydrate and sometimes not notice it until it’s a little late, so keep in mind this for you and your friends!
- Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. You want to wear all those accessories and cool stuff that you’ve been waiting for months to use but remember you are gonna spend a lot of time dancing and walking around under the sun, so pick an outfit that you love but also are comfortable with!
- As I mention before, make your own schedule before and avoid being all stressed out there!
- Don’t drive. The traffic is crazy getting to Bayfront Park besides the headache of getting out of the parking lot on this kind of events. It’s easier and better if you take an Uber, bus or the metromover.
- Cash only. It’s easier when you want to get food, beer, water or anything you want to buy, and its also less risky than carrying around your card.
- Check out some of the rules they post on the Ultra official page.
- Bring the best attitude. And be ready to enjoy hours of good music, dance the day and night away and make some great memories!
Have you been to Ultra Music Festival in Miami or any other Ultra? Let me know your thoughts and comments. Thanks for reading, I hope you enjoy it!
“Music is life, that’s why our hearts have beats”
Happy adventures 🙂
Photos and videos by me